Monday, November 18, 2013

Transferred to Amasaman

So first thing's first:

I got transferred to Amasaman. It's about 30 minutes away from my last area. I was excited to leave but at the same time it was bitter.

Some members had some shirts made for me, I got some new shoes to come home in, I got a surprise for mom and am working on some more things for everyone.

As soon as I got to the Amasaman apartment, I realized how fast the past 10 months in Odorkor went by. It was so fast and it made me pretty sad. Sunday in particular I was homesick, but not from home,  but from my last area.

It was very hard for me to adjust to a new ward but then I just dived in. I met a lot of cool members and there's a lot of work that has to be done in the ward and I'm going to do my best.

This will probably be my last area. Elder Robertson got transferred to my neighboring area but he's about 30 minutes north of me.

My new companion is Elder Morrison from Bozeman Montana. He's awesome! Redhead and just a great missionary. He's one of the few missionaries who aren't aspiring to positions. There's some of the missionaries in the district who all they talk about is how they want to be district leader and zone leader. I remember when I was like that, it was stupid and I regret it and I see how as we grow more mature spiritually we care less and less about titles and positions and we care more and more about serving the Lord and others.

We are opening a new area so we did tons of finding. We met a judge and his family. We're going to try and have a family home evening.

President Hill is having us do family home evenings with members in order to get referrals and friendships. He went so far as to say "if you don't play a game, it's not family home evening."

So when I get home we'll be doing family home evening each week. I'll be enforcing that! We'll have fun also.

Since President Hill came we've been changing our style of missionary work. President Judd was a very spiritual person and we were always edified with his meetings. President Hill is different and he wants us to feel free, and to be light hearted but not light minded. I personally feel like I've become much more spontaneous and more fun while being serious with our message. I love it! They're two completely different types of mission presidents but I don't think we can say one is more effective than the other. I'm very blessed to be able to have him as a mission president also.

Things are going great here.

I bought a small pocket notebook that I'll write in every day for my last 3 transfers. Like a mini-journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment