Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekly Report - April 8, 2013

Elder Schmeltzer sends his report for the week.  He is the Sr. Companion and trainer for Elder Dayley from American Fork, Utah.  He reports that Elder Dayley is a great young man well prepared for  his mission and much stronger in testimony than he was when he first arrived in his first area a year ago.

--------------------------------------------------

This week was great! A bit slow, but that's not a bad thing.

We were able to get the two people baptized a week ago confirmed which was great! One of them is bringing her husband to church and I feel like he's definitely a potential leader in the future. We helped him gain a testimony through a priesthood blessing of his wife. He said he knows that this is the only true church because as he's been praying about it, he's just felt like this is the only church that has the true power of God. The spirit was so strong as we taught them and added our testimonies.

Elder Dayley is doing great! I've been thinking a lot about when I was training. I talked super fast, used big words, couldn't understand people, didn't know how to teach etc. I was a greenie. Elder Dayley is still a bit fresh, but so much better. 

We're working hard. The Lord is blessing us for our hard work even if it's not by the people we're contacting. At church one of the members brought a friend and said he wants to be baptized and join the church. 

The ward is improving immensely. When I got here, the Bishop wasn't helping us much at all. Now he, the Bishop, said "if you want a fellowshipper, call me when you need one and I'll assign or get one for you" It made me happy how small things like just being extra friendly to him have helped. 

I'm excited for all the changes happening in the near future. It's a lot of pressure to continue trying to do my best. I'm trying but I'm not a great missionary yet. I'm still having faith that one day I will be one. My studies have been improving greatly since I started training. I now focus my studies on investigators instead of myself in order to set an example. I've noticed I'm spending much of my free time in the Scriptures. It feels much better. I feel the spirit more fully in my life.

Thanks for all that you do. I really do see the hand of the Lord in my life and I feel His love daily. 

-Elder Jordan Schmeltzer

No comments:

Post a Comment