Sunday, November 18, 2012

NOVEMBER 12, 2012

I'm at the internet cafe. I won't be here for the full 2 hours today though. We're going to Accra for my companion's eye appointment. Monday we went to some water falls in our area. There was trash everywhere but it was still nice and fun. A good hike for my companion and I. Around the water falls looked like straight up Tarzan. The mountain had huge thick bush trees all the way up and it sounded like a jungle. It was sweet. Tuesday was good. Nobody in our district of 8 missionaries is being transfered. We had a few good lessons that day. One in particular was very good. The girl's name is Ivy. She's 20 years old and we talked about the book of mormon and the restoration. My companion asked her to offer a kneeling prayer to close (which we've NEVER done) and she did and she asked right then and there if the book of mormon was true. It was a wonderful feeling! Hopefully she'll be able to recognize her answer. Wednesday we went to Accra for Elder Andoh's eyes. They tested him for glacoma. He doesn't have it. We're going there today again for one more final test. thursday Thursday we had a bunch of failed appointments but we were still able to get 6 lessons which was very good. friday it rained paaaaaaa! It was like a hurricane (or at least it felt like it). Friday morning we had a bunch of failed appointments. In the evening we went out to see some people in a village called Ayikuma. We have like 3 investigators there. We saw two of them that night. One in particular was very good. The girl's name is Ivy. She's 20 years old and we talked about the book of mormon and the restoration. My companion asked her to offer a kneeling prayer to close (which we've NEVER done) and she did and she asked right then and there if the book of mormon was true. It was a wonderful feeling! Hopefully she'll be able to recognize her answer. Saturday we worked hard and only got 3 lessons. Time was not on our side at all. Time was FLYING that day. Sunday, yesterday, was very good. It was fast and testimony meeting because last week we watched the DVD of conference. Fasting was tough. We went out with a branch missionary for a few hours to see some of his friends. None were avaliable. We went out with another member after that and saw some of her friends. Those were some good lessons. We have an FM every sunday at one of the members. That was pretty good. Yesterday we had 3 drinks dashed to us throughout the day. Malta Guiness (which is somehow like odouls), Sabolo (a ginger drink that tastes like super gingery medicine) and then bottled water. President Judd announced this week that within the next few months our sub will be increased significantly in order to allow us to buy veggies and fruits to be more healthy. I'm excited for that. I started budgeting very well. I don't think I'm eating very healthy though but now I'll be able to eat much better. Yep that's about all for me this week. It was a great week!
A dead dog in the gutter. It was by far the worst smell I've ever smelled...
a headband that I made. We're teaching some seamstresses and they gave me a scrap piece of cloth and I used their sewing machine to sew it. They were impressed that I could do it. Ghanaians are so easily entertained. They were super surprised that I can speak some of their own language too...
I sent Jordan a picture of Joelle and her poster that she did a report on France and this was his response Ahh france??? Why not Ghana? France is gross! Quite a few people speak french here, considering it's surrounded by french countries. One of our investigators' boss is from Spain. I want to meet her so bad and speak small spanish and ask her if she can cook any good spanish foods. If she knows how to cook any sort of burrito or something I'll pay her to do it. The ghana foods are killing me! I'm staying the same weight, but burning tons of calories every day. So many carbs and calories and oils.
Lots of pictures I know but I think its really neat to see them :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment