Monday, January 20, 2014

My last mission birthday week

Well Tuesday was my birthday last week. Monday we went to KFC. It was so good!

Tuesday we had District Council Meeting in the morning and then PEC in the evening. After PEC we went and got pizza. It was great!

I got to enjoy my birthday after all!

This week was pretty slow. Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder Bowden. We worked hard and had a very effective day.

This week Elder Morrison is taking the lead in everything. I'm going to be helping from behind. I'm excited for us to both learn as we do this. I don't think any of his previous companions have given him the opportunity to lead for an entire week, he will be great at it I am sure.

I was having some trials with some things in the apartment. I won't go into details about that but I found that in times of extreme difficulty the Lord uses that time to teach us and help us to grow closer to Him.

I wish I could show you my Book of Mormon right now, it's pretty crazy - all the things I've been able to learn through studies.

One thing that was prominent this week can be found in 1 Nephi 21:14-15
"14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me--but he will show that he hath not.
15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel."

Basically I learned that at times we forget that the Lord loves us. Or something happens that causes us to stop feeling it. But if we turn to Him, He'll remind us that He never forgets. He'll allow us to see all His blessings. I experienced that this week. I guess I had, in a way, forgotten that the Lord loves me. Through all the trials that I faced this week, the Lord reminded me that He does love me and watches over me. I am, therefore, grateful for all the trials that I have and all the burdens that He gives to me. He loves me enough to give me difficult times as well as joyous times.

We were blessed to have 4 investigators at church:

  1. Kofi came again but needs more time until he's ready for baptism.
  2. Stella came, after pushing so hard to get her to come. She didn't really like the church very much, she was expecting a charismatic church (dancing and clapping and singing)
  3. Reuben who is a brother of Brother Justice. He LOVED the church! 
  4. Mariama who is Reuben's wife


Each night I was praying that the Lord will allow the investigators to come to church despite my weaknesses and faults.

El-shaddai wasn't able to make it due to work but he's planning on coming on Sunday. Each of these people are progressing toward baptism. Only Mariama isn't quite ready yet. She's kind of just following Reuben which is good. February is looking very good for all of them!

KFC - Birthday Dinner




Frog - Toad thingy?

No comments:

Post a Comment