Monday, July 8, 2013

they were afraid

Elder Schmeltzer makes a dad's eyes tear up when he shares his testimony and understandings at times. Today "may" have been such a day:

One thing that I learned this week is found in St. Mark 10:32. It says:

32 - And they were in the way going up to Jerusalem; and Jesus went before them: and they were amazed; and as they followed, they were afraid. And he took again the twelve, and began to tell them what things should happen unto him.

I pondered about it for a minute and noticed the phrase "as they followed, they were afraid."

The lesson was pressed into my heart that sometimes as we follow Christ, leaving behind certain friends, habits or worldly things, we might be a little bit frightened. When we keep going forward, in faith, the path becomes clear. We'll have "incomprehensible joy" (Alma 28:8).

Just as Christ began to explain to them the things that would soon happen, He can reveal and lead us to what is yet to come for us.

I testify that as we do what is right, the Lord makes our pathways bright. I love the Book of Mormon as well as the Bible. I love being a missionary and although I'm far from perfect, as I do my best to overcome my weaknesses and challenges, I feel the love of the Lord.

-Elder Jordan Schmeltzer

No comments:

Post a Comment