Thursday, April 5, 2012

Last Week in MTC

Friends and Family,

The first few days were so hard and I felt like I had really been into the depths of humility. Ever since I talked with the MTC president I've felt much better. I realize that it was an important part in this process. I've been able to grow and experience much more. 

Time is now flying by and I can't wait to get out into the field. Some of the missionaries that we've talked to in the field don't seem always to be very enthusiastic and I really want to be a missionary that is super enthusiastic and exciting. Especially if I encounter new elders when I'm "more seasoned". This is definitely the toughest thing I've ever had to do but I'm so thankful for the opportunity at the same time.

I was thinking the other night and thought of a little example of how fast things are going:
there are 24 months in 2 years and 24 hours in a day so doing the math the comparison continues:

1 day=2 years
1 hour=1 month
2 minutes=1 day (60 minutes divided by 30 days)

so each day is like 2 minutes out of a 24 hour day.

That makes it seem SOOOOOOOOOOO short. I hope that I get a good trainer that works hard. I wanted an American trainer at first just so it'd be easier to understand my companion better, but now I'm thinking that I want a local person so that I can learn more about the culture, how to shop the right way and stuff.

I depart in less than a week and i'm kind of nervous because in the MTC we've only been able to teach pretend lessons (role playing) and it's pretty simple but I still learn some important things from each one.

I now know more than ever that the gospel is true and that if you ever doubt it, read the introduction of the Book of Mormon. Pray with sincere desire to know if it's true and you will be answered.

Look to the future with confidence
-Elder Schmeltzer


No comments:

Post a Comment