Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Father's Peace

There are a few events in life that bring about thoughts a feelings to a father with both heightened joy and also anguish. Today is such a day for me. The joy is great to have a son about to depart on a mission (more about those feelings later), having prepared his 15 minute talk for sacrament meeting, to having another son blessing the sacrament, and a third son passing the bread and water.

My joy is great, but I also know that through faith in Jesus Christ and by doing what he asks of us at every turn, the joy could be far more than we can comprehend or perhaps even imagine.

" Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

No comments:

Post a Comment